Tramshed Thai Beef Salad
Prep time 40 mins | Serves 4
Nam jim dressing ingredients:
- 3 long red chillies (seeds removed)
- 1 bunch of coriander roots (keep leaves for salad)
- 1 small knob ginger
- 2 cloves garlic
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons palm sugar
- 3 teaspoons fish sauce
Thai salad ingredients:
- 1 small packet vermicelli noodles
- 3 cucumbers thinly shaved
- 12 cherry tomatoes halved
- ½ cup mint leaves
- ½ cup chopped coriander leaves
- 2 cups of watercress
- 4 long shallots thinly sliced
- 1/2 red chilli thinly sliced (seeds removed)
- 500g sirloin steak
1. To make the namjim dressing,blend all ingredients in a blender and set aside.
2. Soak the vermicelli noodles in warm water for approx. 10 minutes, then add the noodles into a pot of boiling water for 2 to 3 minutes. Drain the noodles, rinse with cold running water and cool in the fridge until needed.
3. Season the steak with salt and pepper, heat a grill or pan to med-high heat and sear steak on each side for 2 minutes. Finish in 180-degree oven for approx 3 to 4 minutes or until cooked to your liking. Rest the meat for 5 minutes before thinly slicing the beef.
4. Mix all salad ingredients in a bowl, add cooled noodles. Dress with namjim dressing and arrange the sliced beef around the salad.